Tuesday, May 03, 2005

"You look like you've been hit by a car!"

So the funny thing about the title of this post is that currently, in my case, it's true. I do look like I've been hit by a car. Probably because on Saturday night, I was hit by a car. Really. I was crossing the parking lot and some girl didn't see me. Now don't freak out, I'm okay. I got a black eye and my glasses broke, and my left arm doesn't work right, and I have some seriously gnarly bruises on my legs, but other than that I'm good as new. No broken bones, no concussion, just busted eyewear and bruised pride.

So top THAT for a lousy week! Seriously, though, how lucky am I? I have the coolest group of friends in the world: from islegavia who stayed with me Saturday night and joined me on my quest for new glasses this week, to G-lo and J-dog and KN and Tinier, who came and sat with me Sunday night until the pain medicine kicked in, and all of the coworkers who sent e-mails and called to check on me. My boss brought me dinner Wednesday night (Applebee's...mmm...), and somebody sent flowers (no idea who, so I don't know who to thank!) You know, I'm not always sure I made the right choice in coming up here. But the last week has told me that I've found a second family up here in godforsaken Ohio.

Other than that...the semester's almost over, so I'm working long hours to get the halls closed. Still eating vegetables and those surprisingly good low-fat devil's food cookies to get the butt smaller. Wondering if the latest contacts with The Boy will prove to mean that something big is in store for us, or if he'll fade back into my mental wasteland of regrets. Missing my mom, and LD from TLU for some reason this week, and Vixen (we HAVE to hang out when I get home!!). And the bluebonnets and the way Texas smells in the two weeks we laughingly call "spring." Up here it snowed on Monday, but today it's 75 and sunny, and everything's in bloom. Let's hope it lasts. Maybe by the time the big ugly black-blue-and-yellowish mark on my leg heals up, I'll actually be able to wear a skirt without freezing!

Think happy thoughts for the sore peacegrrl...
-pg

1 comment:

Lauren said...

oh my gosh, Jules, what the heck?! My mouth dropped open as I read this post. Hope you heal quickly! I miss you, too. I'm still a regular fan of your blog. I loved your last post about spirituality--I've always admired your spirituality, actually. . .I guess b/c it's totally and privately YOURS, yet you were always part of the worshipping community @ TLU. You don't throw it in people's faces, but it's still very much an integral part of what makes you YOU. I think that can be the most effective way to live a Christian life. Anyway, I really hope we can hang out when you come to TX. Please e-mail me when you're gonna be around and we'll exchange numbers. I love you bunches.