Monday, September 27, 2004

Grrr...monday

So first off, many apologies for neglecting the blog lately. The sad truth is that I've actually had so much to do at work lately that I've barely had time to check my e-mail, let alone work on my favorite timewasters. And let's be honest, it's been a down time for me. I've been sucked way in by my job, I haven't adjusted to living in a new state, I've replaced cigarettes with a frightening caffeine habit, and as for men...don't even get me started. And nobody wants to hear about depression, right? So be happy I haven't posted in a while. I'm feeling optimistic today, though. Maybe this week I won't spend every waking minute counseling some freshman who's in tears because she hates her roommate. Maybe those loud people on the fourth floor will shut the hell up so I don't have to call them in for ANOTHER disciplinary meeting. One can always hope.
So, a recap of interesting events since my last post:
1. Went to a football game. Will NEVER do that again. Let's just say Thursday night, a losing team, and a college stadium that sells beer are simply not a good mix. I'm getting too old to tolerate the frenzy of a boozed-up crowd of horny eighteen year-olds.
2. I missed ER, thanks to the aforementioned football experience. So I'm now a week behind.
3. I feel like a loser because I'm actually BOTHERED by having missed a TV show.
4. I've decided that a coworker hates me and is out to destroy me.
We'll see if #4 continues to bear itself out this week. It's possible that I'm just being paranoid, but you never know...
So there are other things to discuss in a future post--the latest in peacegrrl men, of course, a few thoughts on church--I actually went yesterday, and of course I'm behind a political rant or two. So worry not, I'll be back. For now, I have to go to a professional development workshop. Do I expect to be professionally developed by anything that is covered in the next two hours? Of course not. But we're being optimistic this week, remember? More later...
-peacegrrl

No comments: