Friday, April 15, 2005

That wacky Uncle Sam

So I waited until today to file my taxes. Shame on me. I suppose I have an excuse...one of my doomed romances was an accountant who said he'd do my taxes for me. After the demise of the "relationship," I held out hope until the last possible moment, hoping he'd reappear--not because I was interested anymore (he's the "Shallow Asshole!" from one of my scarier posts), but because I was praying he'd take a gander at my return and find some more deductions. Alas, it was not to be. I forked over the $30 to TurboTax for my state return (bitch all you want about Texas, but at least we don't pay a state income tax!), which cancels out the $22 I was supposed to get back. I know, I'm a liberal, and we're supposed to LOVE taxes so we can do all of that crazy "help the poor, feed the hungry" stuff we're so into. The taxes aren't even what piss me off. It's the paperwork. I'm a slob! It's a lot to ask for me to get together reciepts and W-2s and 1098-Ts and student loan interest statements...and being the bleeding heart I am, I have charitable contributions so I can't do the easy form that takes 10 minutes over the phone. See? I need an accountant boyfriend.

Enough about taxes, there are other causes for excitement today. I found out that Iron & Wine is going to be in Cleveland Heights this weekend, and nevermind the fact that half of my friends are on duty, and the other half either doesn't like concerts or doesn't know who the hell Iron & Wine is. I'm going, even if it's alone! If anybody in the northeast Ohio area is reading this and willing to come with me, let me know--otherwise I'll be the nerdy girl in the back looking out of place amid the sea of shrieking, drunken 18-24 year-olds, many of whom will surely be my residents, thanks to the fact that a nice pretentious article about the show was in our obnoxious campus newspaper yesterday. Maybe I'll wear a disguise.

So, in good news...my ass is getting smaller! Yep, portion control, long walks, and water consumption (paired with paying $12 a week for the humiliation of being weighed in public) are all starting to pay off. Don't worry, the curvy peacegrrl you all know and love certainly isn't going anywhere--I will always adore chocolate and pasta and cake...mmm...and let's face it, I'm not wired to look like Gwenyth Paltrow, and really, who'd want to have all those sharp edges?--but I'm happy to say that there's a bit less of me these days. I am still and always will be a proud member of the Chubby Girl Brigade.

Here comes the weekend...good weather, big plans for sleeping in and doing as little as possible. Off to finish some work so I can actually enjoy it!
-pg

1 comment:

Ricard said...

"I know, I'm a liberal, and we're supposed to LOVE taxes so we can do all of that crazy "help the poor, feed the hungry" stuff we're so into."

Well, noone likes taxes, liberals just accept they are necessary and therefore want a fair taxation. Rightwingers either hate them, or have a strange view on "fair taxation". Taxes are necessary, Texans aren't :P

Jaja if you ass is getting smaller i think they will kick you out of the Chubby Girl Brigades.