Thursday, August 11, 2005

Exhaustion

OK, it's been over a month since I posted, and I'm sending out apologies to anybody who was wondering if I'm still alive. The last few weeks have been...challenging. The slow pace of the summer is over for me, and I can't seem to clear the cobwebs out of my brain and get rolling again. There are so many things that I've left undone that I hardly know where to begin. It feels like a train came by to pick me up for a trip that I hadn't even packed for yet. And here I am, rolling along at breakneck speed like I do every August, figuring that I'll find myself again when December rolls around and the wheels finally grind to a temporary halt.

I feel kind of obligated to give some updates, so here goes: visit with father...done, and with no major mishaps or politically-charged arguments. Assload of work to get ready for new learning community...check. It may even end up being successful. Relationship issues...resolved, to an extent. I visited The Boy and got some closure...for now, anyway. Let's face it. The Boy is a saga, and who knows if it'll ever truly be over. Suffice to say that the timing is wrong, the maturity levels aren't aligning, and I'm still convinced that there's a guy out there who will treat me with a little more respect and sensitivity. For now, and maybe forever, The Boy isn't that guy. So let's just say that the major chapters are pretty much completed as far as we're concerned. And that's about the sum total of my summer accomplishments. Not too shabby, I suppose, considering I could have spent it

Life is going to get fairly insane sometime in the next few weeks--the students are coming back, I'm carrying a huge workload, and I've got two more classes on my plate for the fall. Barring a nervous breakdown, I'm really hoping that I'll do some growing over the next few months. Feels kinda like another famous Peacegrrl turning point. And, of course, there's a new guy. Is this just the latest in a string of busts? Or could this one be The Man? It's way too earlier for any of that. I'm a rebounder at the moment, let's not forget. And before I start launching into super-crush-mode, it might be useful to attempt to determine whether or not the attraction is mutual (or, at the very least, confirm that he's actually aware that I exist).

Right now I'm exhausted beyond reason, so that's all for this post. But I promise to come back again sooner. I'm done with my summer hiatus and will once again spew forth my babbles for all to see!!!

5 comments:

Nick said...

I'm just glad you're still alive :) Look foward to reading again.

The Complimenting Commenter said...

Sounds like you accomplished quite a lot in your time away. And they all sound quite good. Bravo for doing what's right for you. And I hope everything goes well with the new guy, if it's supposed to.

Lauren said...

*sigh* There you are! I've missed you. Sounds like the visit with the Boy was good. . .I agree that sometimes the sagas in life are never truly over. I've acknowledged that in my own life recently and it's suprisingly made everything easier. Looking forward to hearing about the new guy. . . Love you lots!!

Ben Danmytt said...

Could you visit my website and tell me if I'm a kneejerk conservative and give me advice on how to better illustrate my point of view with out being a jerk whether you agree or not?

Christopher Trottier said...

Yay for babbles!