Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Holy crap

OK, I honestly don't think things could get any crazier in my world. Last week I had to go flying down to Texas because things are NOT good at home. Ed is slipping away from us way faster than we expected, so I needed to be with the family. And then I turned around and came back to the worst damn roommate conflict I've ever seen and a stack of incident reports for drunk residents, and tommorow I go in for surgery. Shit! It's too much! I feel like I'm being pulled in four hundred different directions! I'm almost looking forward to surgery. Nobody can call me, page me, or bug me for at least a few hours. Seriously, though, I feel absolutely no equilibrium. I know that this, too, shall pass, but I honestly feel like I'm about to explode.

I don' t have much time to write, but I wanted to update with the latest. Things with the Peacegrrl are beyond chaotic right now. There are a few good things happening...I'm totally gone over this new guy, which is always a diversion...my staff is fantastic...my buildings are still standing and my learning community is intact and going pretty well. And last week during my emergency visit home, I got to see an old friend from college--he was part of yet another pg saga, but it's all ancient history and it was good to catch up. The new issue of Knitty is up, too, which is fun times. See, I'm working on the whole "positive outlook" thing. I think sometimes islegavia wants to pop me upside the head because of my negativity...I'm so blessed to have friends and family who put up with me. I need to do more to let them know how much I love and appreciate them.

It's time to bail...I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight, so I'd better grab something while I still can. Don't worry, I'll update again soon. I'm due for a nice long post on the mysteries of the men in my life...
-pg

p.s. If you do the prayer thing, throw in a word or two for Ed and mama peacegrrl...things are a little rough right now. Thanks...

No comments: