Wednesday, September 28, 2005

More good stuff

Okay, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Seriously. Things are going way too well. Maybe it's lack of sleep that's making me so damn peppy...I haven't gotten more than an average of 4-5 hours a night in a while. In any case, the week goes on and every day seems to kick a little more ass than the one before it. First off, I TOTALLY got a raise yesterday!!! Whoo-hoo!!!! Here's to a living wage! Next, my learning community actually has a budget (well, it's really, really small, but it's something...) thanks to our benevolent associate director. Then this morning I went to a post-op followup with my Dr. (who happens to be the coolest ob-gyn EVER, she actually listens to me instead of breezing me in and out of the office in five minutes...) and found out that everything looks good and there's nothing wrong with me that can't be fixed pretty easily. Of course I was so pleased that I had to run to the yarn store and reward myself by spending way too much on this hand-dyed stuff and a new wool-silk blend that I can't wait to get into. I'm such a nerd. And then I had a good meeting, and a quiet afternoon, and tonight is the last night of the week that I have a class or a meeting or office hours after five. Plus two weeks from tommorow I'm going back down to Texas for a few days--I bought the ticket yesterday and actually got a good deal. This is wierd. My life feels like it's coming together. I'm trying not to hold on to the feeling too tightly or it'll whiz right by.

And as for the man stuff...well, something feels like it's happening, I don't know what it is, if anything, and I don't feel like tearing it apart with my over-analyzing and obsessing. Does this mean I'm actually turning into a grownup?

Well, I don't know why things are making sense all of a sudden--maybe it's perspective brought on by large natural disasters and family losses. Maybe I really am turning a corner into adulthood. Or maybe, as was mentioned above, I'm suffering from some kind of euphoric side effect to insomnia. Whatever. It works for me.

1 comment:

Nick said...

And you're posting again, which is good for us :)

We need a pic of this guy though. You haven't given us enough to get a good mind picture yet... :)