Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Auntie Peacegrrl?

So the big news for the year is...I'm going to be an aunt! It's all very unexpected, but sister peacegrrl is due on September 28th. I'm extremely jazzed. I think being the spoiling eccentric aunt will be awesome. And when the baby starts to smell or get annoying, I can just give her back! :-) Of course this is me putting a positive spin on the fact that I'm a little jealous that my sister, who is three years younger, is quite a bit ahead of me in terms of the whole "settled down life" thing. I'm still chasing after the crush (although developments may be pending, stay tuned!), and STILL pondering whether or not to do the online dating meat market. My life follows a very predictable pattern, I tell you.

So outside of that big news, not much has been happening in frigid Ohio. Working, taking classes (anthropology is kicking my ass, but extremely interesting!) and knitting away. Only now I have a real knitting mission: baby clothes. Awesome. I'm teaching a six-week workshop this semester, too, which is fun. Every time I teach, I get nervous about it, and then once I get in there, I love every minute of it. Maybe that's my calling. I have no idea. Last night someone put a brutal truth in front of me about the realities of what I really want to do with my life, and it's making me think. Perhaps by working sixty hours a week and taking classes, I have built such a wall around myself that there's no WAY for a guy to find me, let alone time to pursue a meaningful relationship. Maybe I'm spending so much time trying to get ahead, get educated, get experience, that I'm missing my life.

Too deep. I need to relax. It's a Project Runway night, and they're down to the last four. BIG excitement. I love Wednesday nights.
-pg

1 comment:

amberjane said...

following in my footsteps, huh? we can be aunts together! Woo-hoo!

Miss you...give sister peacegrrl my best!