Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Better late than never.

I'll skip the apologies about never posting and get right to the good stuff.

First, I'm pissed at that fucker James Frey. I take back anything nice I said about his damn book in earlier posts. And that's all I have to say about that.

Next up. I am ADDICTED to Project Runway. That may surprise most people. It certainly surprised me--I mean, one look in my closet is all it takes to determine that cutting-edge fashion is not so much my scene. But I LOVE the all the pissiness and drama! And the mean stuff that bitchy Heidi Klum says to everybody after the runway shows. It's great. And I have to admit that the talent really does impress me. I'm pulling for Daniel and Chloe, but Nick and Andre are pretty good, too. Bleh, I'm addicted to a reality show. I guess that means I have to stop making fun of American Idol fans.

So moving on, the oscar noms are out. No big surprises there. Although I have to say that I'm a bit pissy that Walk The Line isn't up for best picture. But I'm pulling for Brokeback and Good Night and Good Luck, so I guess it doesn't matter. Anyway, party at my place on March 5. I can't wait to see if Isaac Mizrahi tries to grab at somebody's crotch or something on the red carpet.

Okay, on to men. I think I'm putting all of my eggs in one basket, and it's time to branch out. This, however, means re-entering the dreaded realm of online dating, a subject about which I have ranted before. But unless I want to pick up some loser at a bar, it's my only option. So wish me luck as I toughen up and head out there yet again. And as a backup, does anybody have a cute brother/cousin/coworker/friend-of-a-friend they want to set me up with? All I really require is a college degree and a sense of humor...

That's really all for now. The last few weeks have been a struggle, I'm incredibly homesick, and my classes are wiping me out. On the plus side, though, it was one of the warmest Ohio Januarys ever, with hardly any snow. I'm hoping February follows the trend.
-pg

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Okay, I must comment: I totally used to diss online dating, but my mind has changed on this subject. You go, girl! All of us know SOMEONE who's had a successful relationship that began through this medium. (My mom and stepdad, who are quite perfect for each other, are my examples.) Keep us posted.

Love you!