Friday, October 29, 2004

Is it the apocalypse?

I swear, I just looked out the window and the sky is black. So much for schlepping up to the office to pick up my paycheck...on second thought, I'm broke. I'll bring an umbrella. Seriously, though, the weather is gross. Good thing I don't have any big plans tonight. I was SUPPOSED to go see a show with a very nice guy I just met, but I have to do the staff bonding thing. I'd better get into the the spirit, too...my weak attempt at "teambuilding" will definitely bomb if it's obvious that I don't want to be there, either!

So this poor resident just came into my office soaking wet and very irritated...he got lost on the way to Judicial Affairs. Now he's REALLY a nervous wreck about his hearing. I think sometimes I'm too nice to some of these kids...I just feel sorry for them because they don't have a clue. I remember being 18 and wanting to party--and I definitely did my share of it. I never got caught, though, so I guess I feel the need to be kind of understanding to the people who do. And I know if I sit there and lecture them, I won't get through. Empathy is everything in what I do. Unfortunately, I get way too wrapped up in some of the crap that happens around here...and I find myself getting a little lost. I finally hung out with somebody I don't work with last night, and I find myself really hoping that I'll hear from him again. Not just because he's a cute guy and I had a good time. But because it would be so awesome to have a relationship--friendship or otherwise-- that isn't centered around work. Bleh....this really is quarter-life crisis.

What a downer. Let's talk about something more upbeat. I knit my first hat this week! I'm such a damn nerd. Now I'm making a matching scarf. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but when I get stressed out, I make scarves...so now I have something like fifteen of them. I don't know why I don't just branch out and make a damn sweater...

Alrighty, I seem to be out of things to say so I'll shut up for now.
-peacegrrl

1 comment:

Matthew Lie - Paehlke said...

Oh dear sweet Peacegrrl, do not worry yourself yet. It is not the apocalypse today. But it is coming soon... you can use my site to keep yourself updated if you feel that it is in your best interest.

With Deepest Sincerity,
Matteus Von Mustard
http://apocalypsewatch.blogspot.com