Friday, October 08, 2004

So, it's Friday.

And I have nothing particularly interesting planned. Well, a trip to Sam's Club is in the works, but buying in bulk doesn't exactly scream "Yay for the weekend!"

Yeah, so I just consumed a really gnarly amount of spinach dip and now I feel sick. Maybe I need to go back to South Beach or Weight Watchers or whatever. Why does food have to be SO good? And why can't we be like those Polynesian countries where excess weight is considered to be beautiful and symbolic of prosperity? Here all the hip rich people pay plastic surgeons and personal trainers thousands of dollars to look like they're starving. What the hell is wrong with this country?

Enough of that. I'm still working on the positivity. Thanks to my buddy Lisa, I'm doing a "gratitude list" thing. Yes, it sounds cheesy and new-agey and very Oprah, but I actually kind of like it. It's nice to spend a few minutes a day thinking up things that I'm actually not bitching about! So here it is, Peacegrrl's Gratitude Journal. We'll see how long I keep it up.

Alrighty, so it's five till five, and that's close enough to the weekend for me.
-pg

No comments: