Friday, July 16, 2004

Vote Republican! It's Easier Than Thinking...

Holy crap, Blogger has made the posting application all fancy;  we can change fonts and center text without having to put on our HTML secret-decoder ring.  I don't know if I can handle all the excitement!  I'm distracted by the fancy buttons above the text window...
 
I do have a point today.  Don't I always?  Found a funny website:  WTF is it now?  Pretty cool, anti-Bush, of course, with lots of funny pictures and quotes.  It's a little flashy--animated graphics are irritating, and some of the image links don't work.  But worth a look.
 
So I'm psyched, Murphy has linked to my blog.  I feel so validated!  
 
I haven't heard from The Guy since Tuesday.  This is not a big deal.  I guess not.  I suppose I'm only tempted to obsess because The Big Move is only a week away.  I will defer further comment until more time has passed and I've convinced myself that I somehow blew my latest quasi-relationship.  Stay tuned.
 
Work sucks, there is nothing for me to do but sit here and tell you about it.  Exactly three years ago today, I reported to TLU for work for the first time.  And now there's only a week left.  I suppose that warrants some reflection, but for the time being I just want to get the hell out of here.  Truth be told, I would have quit a month ago, but for the fact that I needed all the paycheck I could get!  And I've stashed enough vacation time away that my last check will be pretty flush.  Good thing, because I'm pulling out the plastic to pay for the trailer, the gas, and the cheap hotels.  Three days on the road with no access to my blog!  How the hell will I survive?  I'm worried, too, because it sounds like I'll be the last of the new people to arrive.  Maybe I'll be known as "the mysterious girl from Texas" and everyone will want to be my friend.  Who knows. 
 
There are so many things to be worried about, it's hard to choose just one to focus on.  Last night I tried Tequiza and a bubble bath to distract myself.  I think it was a bad call.  I drank too much and ended up depressed and hot.  In both the literal and figurative senses.  The blog is probably not the most appropriate place to share it, but I really need some action.  Sex is the best tension-breaker that I can think of.  It's relaxing, provides an excellent workout, relases excess emotion, and nearly always leads to a good night's sleep.  And it's ever so much better with a nice, smart guy to share it with.  Sigh.
 
Well, now that the reader knows more than they wanted to, I will shut up and get back to non-work.  I'll be out of here by 3 today, I know it.  I'll use packing as an excuse, and then I'll go home and read O magazine and watch Sex and the City and worry about whether or not The Guy will want to get together this weekend.  Sounds like fun!
-Peacegrrl

No comments: