Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Shit.

Well, it's over. What the hell will I rant about now? And I'm so pissed off at Ohio. We not only passed an amendment to ban gay marriage and eliminate domestic partner benefits, we let our state fall to Bush by less than 200,000 votes. What the fuck? Sorry for the profanity, but really. WHAT THE FUCK?

And don't even get me started on the "youth vote." Once again, the 18-30 age group proved themselves to be the lazy-asses that we are and showed up to the tune of 17%...that's right. After the huge increase in voter registration, you'd think we'd improve over our performance in 2000, but guess how many 18-30-year olds showed up four years ago? 17 fucking percent. No difference whatsoever. All the yelling and blogging and Michael-Moore-underwear-giveaways couldn't get young people to exercise the right that people fought long and hard for. Oooh, it's raining, we can't go outside! Oooh, there's a line, I can't possibly wait that long, I have to get back to sitting on my ass and watching daytime TV! It's pathetic, and sad, and I'm just so depressed right now I can barely BREATHE!

I guess now would be a good time to stop looking at the big picture. Focus on the depressing aspects of my little life instead of thinking about the problems of our country. Or maybe use this election as the motivation for a career change. I think I should go to law school and enter the political arena. Any thoughts? Does the illegal activity I may or may not have engaged in while pursuing my postsecondary education disqualify me? Hmmmm.....

Well, I guess I'd better fix up the blog a little...take off the John Kerry and ACT stickers, anyway. I suppose all is not lost, since Barak Obama did win the senate position. But between the republican domination, the passage of Ohio Amendment 1, and the succesful gerrymandering of Texas districts (I know, I moved, I shouldn't care)....it's just not a happy day for peacegrrl...or for peace in general, when you think about it.

-A very disillusioned peacegrrl

No comments: