Monday, February 07, 2005

Monday stuff

On Friday night I went out to a local bar, and really, I should know better. I'm in a college town, for crying out loud. If I've had a long week dealing with frustrating undergrads, the last place I need to go is a smoke-filled hole packed with them! I was with my friends, and the conversation and alcohol were good, but the sweaty, short frat boy who sloshed his beer onto my shoe as he crossed the bar and belted out I Put Your Picture Away (the Sheryl Crow part, mind you) was sort of a buzzkill. Ick. Was I ever that obnoxious? Okay, probably yes. But I am older now and I can be judgmental if I want to. It begs the question, am I too old to go out and party? Has the joy of alcohol been eclipsed by the disgust at the 21-year olds who don't know what to do with it? Hmmm.

So, onto one of my favorite topics: bootie. Valentine's Day is coming, and of course I'm not getting any action. I've still got my little crush, but I'm not so sure about the guy now. I'm equally drawn to and repelled by him. Drawn because he's cute and smart and funny, and repelled because he's also kind of wierd. He seems to get distracted pretty easily, which means he'd probably be a lousy boyfriend. And the other day he was over at my place and left the toilet seat up, which I am NOT cool with. But maybe I'm nitpicking. There's this new guy I'm talking to now, too. As always, I'm not so sure it will develop into anything, but he seems nice--he makes a decent living, likes good music, thinks Bush is a moron. We'll see what develops. Really I think I just need meaningless sex. Okay, I know that's probably shocking to some of you, because it's just not a ladylike thing to say, but let's call it what it is. I don't think I have time for a relationship, but I'd sure like to fool around with somebody, if only for the release. That's probably why I've had a damn headache forever--it's weeks and weeks of sexual tension. Kids, wait until marriage, I'm telling you, because sex is like Pringles--once you pop, you can't stop. Oooh, that was awful, wasn't it? I've been watching too much Sex and The City again...

Okay, now that I've thoroughly embarrased myself, I think I'll go. Have a good week, and those of you with significant others, get a little extra action for me!
-pg

No comments: