Thursday, February 03, 2005

Cranky

I am enormously pissy today. Have been all week, as a matter of fact. I've had a headache for three days, I'm stressing out about a staff problem that I can't seem to fix no matter what I do, I miss my mom, and it's starting to feel like Friday will NEVER get here. And I just found out that while Modest Mouse will be in Houston on Feb. 20, they aren't coming anywhere near Ohio. I'm not motivated to do anything productive--hence I'm posting on the blog. I don't want to talk to anyone, which is a bad, bad thing when your job is to be available for students. So I slap on a smile whenever somebody walks into the office and I take care of whatever the problem is (usually they want to change rooms, which still makes me laugh--you've been living with this person for six months now, and suddenly you just can't stand it anymore?) as quickly as possible, so I can go back to sitting here in solitude and waiting for it to be 5 so I can leave.

It's just a bad day.

And yes, for all the male readers who are thinking, whoa, hormones, okay, I'll admit it. I'm irrationally crabby, I feel ugly, I don't even want to talk to my friends, and it's PMS. Are you satisfied? Being a woman is sickening, I tell you. I hate knowing that for two to three days each month I will be a total bitch and have very little control over it. A lot of women use PMS as a crutch for their generally bad dispositions. And others get really pissed off when men simplify every problem into a hormone issue (and you guys really do that, and we REALLY hate it). As for me, I like to pretend there isn't any such thing as PMS, that it's all in my head and if I don't acknowledge it, it doesn't really exist. Which doesn't work, which makes me even pissier than I would be if I just accepted it in the first place. There is an upside, though. This is the only time of the month when I'm genuinely glad that there is no man in my life. At least I don't have to worry about snapping at him for no reason, or getting all pissed off when he gives me a wierd look when I finish a pint of Ben and Jerry's, or having him all up on me when I feel gross and don't want to deal with people. See, I do have a gift for pointing out the positives, don't I?

Anyway, the Apprentice is on tonight, so there is reason to be a little cheery. And tommorow IS Friday, and a weekend of laziness approaches. So that's all for today, and in the interest of sharing my bad mood, here's the full-text of last night's state of the union. Blehhhh....
-peacegrrl

No comments: