Friday, August 06, 2004

The brownies in my office are tempting me

They are indeed. Just sitting there taunting me from inside of their tupperwear house. Hopefully some staffmates will come by and make them disappear, before I do!

Enough about that. Let's take a moment to sigh at the cute coworker who decided to wear a tight white t-shirt for Casual Friday. [insert wistful sigh here] At least it's something to look at during training sessions... Seriously, I'm going to do my damnedest to avoid an office crush--we all know that these are never a good idea, fun diversions though they may be. Of course it happens that the only two straight, nonmarried guys happen to be on my particular staff. One is not well-liked by everybody else, and okay, he is a little funny-looking, but everyone knows I tend to be attracted to wierdos... and the other, white t-shirt-wearing dude is actually a nice guy. Cute and not an asshole...that puts him out of my league! The last time I started to land one of those I moved away two weeks later! :-) I'm really starting to sound like a freak to my friends, what with this preoccupation towards men. I'm actually getting on my own nerves! Is this some kind of biological clock bullshit? Who knows. Maybe I just physiologically need more sex than most women. Hmmm....

I've been babbling to everyone about how much I love Modest Mouse so I figured I'd spread the obsession to my blog. "Float On" will definitely win you over, even if you're not a modern rock fan. Definitely beats some of the other meaningless pseudo-punk-rock-clones I've been hearing lately. Since we're on the subject, let me just say how much I HATE the fact that you have to look so damned hard to find decent music these days. You can't depend on the radio anymore (although there's a nice independant station out of Akron that I'm liking), and MTV is a string of shitty reality shows. If you want to fill your head with good sounds and good lyrics, you have to make a deliberate effort in this pop-fluff-dominated world. Anything that follows the "make a quick buck" formula gets thrust into heavy rotation until you can't go anywhere without hearing it. And when a good band DOES make it, they're called a sellout, so the real artists stay right below the surface and they're easy to overlook. Just want to give a public shoutout to National Public Radio and The Guy for exposing me to such fanatastic stuff as Wilco, Ben Kweller, and the above mentioned MM. Don't let the damn corporate slutbags who run the media tell you who you should be listening to!

End of rant.

Wow, I spent an entire paragraph bitching about something besides politics and men. Go me. I guess now I need to be productive. This will unfortuantely be a working weekend, but I'm going to go out and get my swerve on tonight. Let's hope I'm good and hung over tommorow morning! Happy friday to all...
-peacegrrl

No comments: