Friday, August 27, 2004

If bitching were an Olympic sport, I'd kick China's ass

The above is my one and only acknowledgement to The Games. I'm sick of them--they've overtaken Bravo and MSNBC, and they're really starting to get in the way of "Law And Order: SVU" on USA. It is time for them to be over. I don't do well with disruptions in my television routine. And if that makes me sound pathetic, it's because I am. Back off!

Time for a shout-out to creepy office guy, who just paid me a visit. Bleh. Why must it be so hard to pin down the exact source of the creepiness? It's not like I can go to my boss with, "He gives me the uh-oh feeling and he keeps talking about his nipple rings. Can you please fire him?" He hasn't done anything wrong. He's actually not a bad guy. I just don't like being alone with him. He gives me the heebeejeebees. And he's been wearing the same shorts for the past two weeks. Nasty.

Sometime today, you should play the virgin game. And then you should sigh and shake your head at the fact that you just spent ten minutes of your life looking at bad pictures and speculating on the sex lives of others. It's a strange, sad world we live in, folks...

So life in Ohio is plugging on. The freshmen have descended upon us, the air is thick with the smell of underage drinking, and it's official: a new school year has begun. It's kind of fun to be on a real college campus, as opposed to TLU, which is really more like a small high school with residence halls. Up here there are actual people of color, instead of hordes of rich white kids and the occasional token African-American who was recruited for track or football. What's more, people are actually allowed to talk about sex instead of pretending it doesn't exist outside of marriage. They even--gasp!--had Planned Parenthood come out and give condoms to the RAs. I don't know, TLU has its advantages, but there were so many topics that were taboo, so many restrictions on who you could talk to, what you could say, and what lines you could and couldn't cross. I feel like I was in a vacuum for three years and now I'm finally working in the real world (well, as real as a college campus can actually be). It's extremely relieving.

On that profound note--I suppose I should do some real work today, so I'll end this before creepy office guy comes back and tries to read over my shoulder.
-peacegrrl

No comments: